Risks of abortion

Often a woman decides to have an abortion, not because she basically does not want to have children, but because at the moment she is not pregnant with her plans. So, 80% of women who have aborted, in the future plan to have a child. However, the complications that may occur during an abortion (bleeding, perforation of the uterus), and the more distant consequences of this operation often put an end to the subsequent pregnancy.

From the moment of conception in the female body, a global metabolism reorganization is under way and literally all systems - primarily nervous, endocrine and cardiovascular, hormones responsible for the development of pregnancy begin to be actively developed. And suddenly the pregnancy is interrupted, and abruptly abruptly and not at the time when it is inherent in nature. As a result, all organs, especially the hormonal and reproductive systems, endure enormous stress. Therefore, after an abortion, the probability of various complications is high. Persistent violations of the menstrual cycle develop in most women and are more often observed in cases where the interruption is carried out at the 11-12th week of pregnancy, and if the previous pregnancy also ended in abortion. Such violations include the failure of the rhythm of menstruation, until their complete absence (amenorrhea), as well as the shortening or lengthening of menstrual bleeding. A part of women develop secondary dysmenorrhea, characterized by painful and often profuse menstruation, which can be accompanied by a whole complex of complaints: nausea, vomiting, headache, irritability, bloating, etc.

Excessive scraping of the uterus can lead to the fact that its mucosa will be restored slowly, unevenly and in separate areas not completely. And this, in turn, can provoke the emergence of various inflammatory diseases. One of the often occurring consequences of abortion is inflammation of the uterine mucosa (endometritis) - leads to miscarriage and infertility. Inflammation of the appendages and peritoneum can cause infertility and ectopic pregnancy. Later, abortion can provoke a number of complications arising during the subsequent, desired pregnancy: multiple miscarriages, premature birth, placenta detachment, placenta increment, cervical pregnancy and other equally serious consequences.

Hormonal imbalance and the disorders caused by it lead to a set of excess weight, the appearance of acne, hair loss on the head and their excessive growth on the body.

Consequences are reversible

To avoid negative consequences of abortion or at least to minimize them, every woman needs to undergo a course of post-abortion rehabilitation. Rehabilitation measures include the appointment of combined oral contraceptives. In addition to reliable contraceptive effect, these drugs will give "rest" to the hormonal system, which will prevent possible violations of its functioning in the future.

Combined oral contraceptives create a special hormonal cycle in the body that mimics the background of pregnancy in the early stages, which enables a woman to recover faster from hormonal stress. They help restore the menstrual cycle, regulate the function of the ovaries and adrenal glands. Combined hormonal contraceptives reduce the risk of tumors and inflammation in the pelvic region, since the use of contraceptives reduces the average amount of menstrual blood lost monthly (menstrual discharge is known to be an excellent medium for the propagation of pathogens of inflammatory diseases of the genital organs). The use of tablets reduces the intensity of uterine contractions, which reduces the risk of inflammation from the uterus into the fallopian tubes.

However, the foregoing does not at all mean that hormonal contraceptives can be taken uncontrollably. Before you buy any medication, you need to consult a doctor.

Interesting

Recently in Europe, a sociological survey was conducted, in which women of reproductive age took part. The respondents were asked whether they use hormonal contraceptives. 64% of respondents answered in the affirmative. Among the remaining 36% of respondents, 4% do not use oral contraceptives because they are infertile, 7% do not use them, because they underwent a sterilization operation, 5% - because they are pregnant, 13% due to lack of partner, 7% Reasons.

Leave a comment